No doubt, China is the biggest supplier of computer parts worldwide. The top countries that import computer parts from China include the United States of America, Germany, Singapore, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, and the Netherlands.
Which Computer Accessories to Import from China
Why should you import computer accessories from China? Other than profiting from the lower prices, importing from China offers you a variety of goods to choose from. The computer accessories to import from China are listed below.
- All-In-One PC
- Barebone System
- Blank Media
- Computer Cables and Connectors
- Computer Cases and Towers
- Computer Cleaners
- Fans and Cooling
- Firewall and VPN
- Floppy Drives
- Graphics Cards
- Hard Drives
- HDD Enclosure
- Industrial Computer and Accessories
- Keyboard Covers
- Power Supply Units
- KVM Switches
- Laptop Accessories
- Laptop Cooling Pads
- Mouse and Keyboards
- Mouse Pads
- Netbooks and UMPC
- Network Cabinets
- Network Cards
- Network Hubs
- Network Switches
- Networking Storage
- Optical Drives
- PC Stations
- Sound Cards
- Tablet PC
- Tablet PC Stands
- Tablet Stylus Pen
- USB Flash Drives
- USB Gadgets
- USB Hubs
- Used Computers and Accessories
- Wireless Networking
Wholesale Computer Parts Suppliers in China
China holds several trade fairs annually. Fortunately, you can attend them virtually. Attending such fairs will help you identify suppliers. The top electronics trade fairs include:
- East China Fair: This fair was established in 1991 and is currently the largest regional trade fair in China. It is held annually from March 1 to March 4 in Shanghai.
- Canton Fair: This is the oldest trade fair in China. It was established in 1957. This fair is held annually from October 15 to November 4 in Guangdong, China.
- China Electronic Fair: This fair mainly focuses on the electronics and information industry. It was established in 1965 and is held annually.
- Hong Kong Electronic Asia: It is held annually in October at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. This event influences buyers from all over the world.
Chinese Computer Parts Manufacturers
The top 20 manufacturers of computer parts in China are:
- Huizhou Hongfuxin Precision Technology CompanSheny Limited
- Shenzhen FPmax Industry Company Limited.
- Dongguan QH Industry Company Limited
- Best Sources International Limited
- Gear Best
- Lian Li Industrial Company Limited
- Yeong Yang
- Shenzhen Realan Computer Products Limited
- Guangzhou Ulan Computer Company Limited
- Shenzhen Datang Computer Limited
- Yanling Industrial Computer Technology Company Limited
- Ningbo Lede Computer Technology Company Limited
- Yi Shang Computer Systems Company Limited
- Shenzhen Daping Computer Company Limited
- Zhuji Xintianlong Computer Embroidery Machine Company Limited
- Guangzhou Uni-Works Computer Limited
- Guangzhou Color zone Computer Consumables Company Limited
- Shenzhen Evolution Company Limited
What Documents are required when Shipping Computers Parts from China?
Documents are essential when shipping goods. You cannot ship any product until you have all the required documents. To ship computer parts from China, you should have the following documents.
- Commercial Invoice: It provides evidence that payment has been settled.
- Bill of Lading: The carrier issues this document to the importer. It contains shipment details – the type of goods, the quantity, and the destination.
- Country of Origin (Form A): It shows where the goods were manufactured.
- Import License: To import computer parts to your country, presenting an import license to the customs is mandatory for clearance.
- Import declaration: It contains details of the items being imported.
- Insurance Certificate: An insurance company issues an insurance certificate to the shipper to show that there is insurance.
- Inspection Certificate: It indicates that the goods have been inspected and are of the required quality.
Incoterms to Use when Shipping Computer Parts
- CIF (Cost, Insurance, and Freight): The seller covers the cost, insurance, and freight until the goods reach the destination. CIF applies to only sea freight.
- FOB (Free on Board): The seller clears goods for export and loads them on the vessel. From there, responsibility shifts to the buyer.
- CRF (Cost and Freight): The seller takes all the responsibility and risks until the goods are loaded onto the shipping vessel. Once the goods have been loaded, the buyer assumes responsibility. The seller also gets insurance for the goods.
- EXW (ExWorks): The seller is only responsible for making the goods available after the buyer orders them. The rest of the process is the responsibility of the buyer.
- DAP (Delivery at Place): The seller is responsible for loading the goods onto the shipping vessel and bears all risks until the goods are delivered at a named location.
- DPU (Delivery at Place Unloaded): The seller bears all the risk until the goods are unloaded).
How to Import Computer Parts from China
As a shipper, you have a wide range of shipping options: Air freight, air express, and ocean freight. Depending on the nature of your shipment, how fast you want the delivery to be made, and your budget, you can choose the shipping method that suits you best.
Air express is a courier service, and your goods will be delivered within a short period. Some companies that offer courier services are USPS, UPS, and FedEx. If you need the goods urgently, air express is the shipping method to choose. However, you should be ready to pay a lot of money. This is the most expensive shipping method. Also, with air express, you cannot ship heavy and bulky items as it is only limited to shipping light goods.
Sea freight is the option that most people go for due to its lower rates. Sea freight is much cheaper compared to other shipping methods. Also, there is no limit when it comes to the weight and volume of the shipment. Despite the upside, sea freight is very slow. It is the slowest method for shipping computer parts. With sea freight, you can choose LCL shipping or FCL shipping. In LCL, your goods will be shipped in one container with other shippers, and you will only pay for the space your products occupy. If you have a shipment that can fill a container, consider choosing FCL. You will pay for a whole container and only use it for your goods.
Air freight is the cheaper air shipping option. This method is not as expensive as air express but is much cheaper than sea freight. Goods will be delivered faster than sea freight but slower than air express. Furthermore, it is suitable for goods that weigh 150-500 kilograms.
Choosing the most convenient shipping method is very important since it will determine the shipping costs and the transit time. If you are new to the shipping industry, you should definitely get a freight forwarder to guide you. A freight forwarder simplifies the shipping process by handling issues on your behalf. The roles of a freight forwarder are:
- Organizing the transportation of the goods
- Negotiating prices
- Getting all documents and performing customs clearance
- Guiding the shipper on the optimal way to ship goods
- Arranging for insurance
- Booking of space on the shipping vessel
How to Import Laptops from China
The first step when importing laptops from China is to choose the kind of laptop you want to purchase. Is it a notebook laptop or a mini laptop? What brand do you want? From there you can look for the best supplier. Here, you have to be very careful not to fall for scammers. When purchasing a laptop, it is not the best option to choose based on the prices. The cheaper the laptop, the more it is likely to be low-quality. Buy a laptop based on its specifications.
Once you find the right supplier, you can decide if you will get a freight forwarder or if you will carry out the shipping process yourself. Getting a freight forwarder is highly advocated for. You will then order the laptop and connect the freight forwarder to the supplier. The freight forwarder will arrange for the pick up of the item from the factory and plan the freight. With the freight forwarder, you will discuss the best shipping method for your shipment and the Incoterm to use when shipping. Having a freight forwarder simplifies the shipping process.
Why Should I Import Laptops from China?
China is certainly one of the best places to import any kind of electronics.
First, buying goods from China is economical. There are many manufacturers hence the lower prices. If you are starting a laptop business, you will, beyond any doubt, experience high profits.
Secondly, Chinese laptops are of high quality. The fact that very many people import laptops from China is proof enough that their products are exceptional. To get these quality items, however, ensure you pick the right supplier. Otherwise, you can be scammed into buying fake products.
Also, most laptops from China have the Operating System already installed. Installing an operating system can be tedious and takes up a lot of time, not to mention the fact that you have to be skilled. Some Chinese companies have therefore made it easier for their customers by installing Operating Systems before exporting their products.
Can I Import a Used Laptop from China?
Absolutely yes. Buying a second-hand laptop means you get a high-quality gadget at a very affordable rate. Some countries have placed limitations when it comes to this. So, before importing, check if your country has any restrictions and if yes, ensure that you adhere to them. When buying a used laptop, choose a reputable brand and be careful in picking the company you will buy from. Also, you should be cautious enough to avoid being scammed.
What are the best laptop brands to import from China?
Is It Safe to Import Computer Parts from China
Importing from China is safe when you pick the right supplier. Do thorough research on the suppliers and the shipping companies. Also, be cautious enough to know when someone is trying to scam you.
How to Get the Best Prices when Importing Computer Parts from China
Chinese products are generally cheap. You can even get lower prices by bargaining. This is why it is advisable to buy products directly from the manufacturer. A manufacturer will let you bargain the prices. Also, importing products in bulk is more cost-effective.
To get the best rates, buy products in bulk directly from the manufacturer and bargain the prices.
Shipping computer parts from China involves making various decisions on how to carry out the process. With the right choices, you will experience an expedited, hassle-free shipping experience.
You can ship via USPS, UPS, DHL, or FedEx. You can also choose freight shipping.
The shipping cost depends on the weight and size of the shipment, distance to be covered, delivery speed, and the shipping method.
Use anti-static bubble wraps to avoid damage to the circuit of the PC. Avoid using the standard P9 bubble wraps since they have static charges that can damage the circuits. For components like mouse and keyboard, seal them properly before putting them in a box. In the box, fill up any space to the point where there is no movement. This will ensure that the items do not get damaged on the way.
Find the best supplier from the B2B marketplace or a sourcing agent, and make your order. Also, choose the most convenient shipping method. Consider getting a freight forwarder for easier shipping.
The best way to ship computer parts is to package the items with quality materials. Use anti-static bags and bubble wraps to ensure the safety of the products.
Kuwait, Malaysia, and Saudi Arabia are the cheapest places to buy electronics. The most expensive are Venezuela, Brunei, and Angola.