There are three important factors that one has to consider when shipping goods from China to the USA. These factors are:
- Shipping time from China to the US
- Shipping costs from China to the US
- Shipping method from China to the US
These three factors are actually related to each other since the shipping method determines the speed and costs, the shipping costs determine the transit time and vice versa. By choosing a shipping method, you can estimate the transit time and also shipping cost. There are definitely other factors that determine shipping time and cost, but the shipping method is the main factor. The available shipping methods from China to the US include:
- Air Freight
- Air Express
- Ocean/Sea Freight
In terms of transit time, air express is the fastest shipping method from China to the USA, while ocean freight is the slowest shipping method from China to the USA. Air Freight is much faster compared to ocean freight but slower compared to air express.
In terms of shipping rates, air express is the most expensive shipping method from China to the US, while ocean freight is the cheapest shipping method from China to the US. Air Freight takes longer compared to air express but is faster than sea freight.
With this information, we can clearly state that the faster the shipping method, the more it will cost.
If you are shipping goods from China to the US, you can decide if you want to receive goods very fast and pay more, or if you can wait a bit longer for the goods to arrive and save on money. If the goods are not urgently needed, it is recommended to go for slower shipping options to pay less.
How long is Air Freight from China to the USA?
Air Freight is the method to go for if your goods weigh between 150 and 500 kilograms. It is actually the cheaper but slower air shipping option from China to the US. Some of the items that are usually shipped via air freight include jewelry, electronics, precision items, wrist watches, pharmaceuticals, and fashion garments. Fundamentally, time-sensitive, perishable, and valuable products.
Air Freight’s shipping time from China to the US is determined by quite a several factors. Other than shipping method and shipping costs, other factors include:
The more the covered distance, the more time it will take to ship goods. Shipping time from China to the US is determined by how much distance is covered from the airport of loading in China to the airport of delivery in the US. Shipping time to airports located on the West Coast is different compared to shipping time to airports located on the East Coast, because of the difference in the covered distance.
Some of the top airports in China include:
- Shenzhen International Airport
- Shanghai International Airport
- Beijing Capital International Airport
- Hangzhou International Airport
- Guangzhou International Airport
- Xiamen International Airport
- Ningbo International Airport
Some of the top airports in the US include:
- Memphis International Airport
- Loa Angeles International Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- Louisville International Airport
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Kansas City International Airport
- Baltimore/Washington International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
2. Custom clearance Issues
For your shipping process to be smooth and faster, you need to have all the right documents in time. Otherwise, you may not be able to ship your goods during the planned time.
Have you heard of shipping delays? Shipments may be delayed if the shipping process is done during certain times. In shipping, timing is very crucial. There are seasons when the shipping process is completed very fast, and seasons when the shipping process is delayed. Knowing these seasons is important to choose the right time to ship your goods.
One factor that leads to shipping delays is the holiday season in China. These holidays are:
- New Year, January 1
- Spring Festival, From January 31 to February 6
- Qing Ming Festival, From April 3 to April 5
- Labor Day, From April 30 to May 4
- Dragon Boat Festival, From June 3 to June 5
- Mid-Autumn Festival, From September 10 to September 12
- National Day, From October 1 to October 7
During these holidays, most of the manufacturing companies close, hence delays are experienced. As a shipper, you should avoid shipping goods during these times.
4. Type of Air Freight Service
The type of service you choose will determine how long it will take to ship from China to the US and also the shipping costs. These services are:
- Expedited Charter. This is the fastest service. With an expedited charter, your goods will be transported alone from the beginning to the end by the charter to ensure fast delivery.
- On-Board Courier. This service is mainly used for small shipments such as documents. The price of an onboard courier is lower than the expedited charter.
- Freight Forwarder. Many importers prefer using the service of a freight forwarder. A freight forwarder conducts the shipping process on behalf of the importer.
- Commercial Airlines.
How to save time when shipping goods from China to the US?
- Have all your documents in time
- Avoid shipping during holiday seasons
- Get a freight forwarder
General Time Limits
Basically, transit time from China to the US is 4 to 10 days. With delays, it can take up to 20 days.
When shipping goods from China to airports located on the West Coast, it about 4 days.
When shipping goods from China to airports located on the East Coast, it about 5 days.
With air express shipping time from China to the US is 1 to 3 days. With sea freight, shipping time is 20 to 45 days.
1. How long is air freight from China to New York?
New York’s location is on the East Coast of the United States of America.
Air Freight shipping time from China to New York is about 5 to 15 days.
Air Freight shipping time from Wuhan, China to New York is about 7 days.
From Guangdong, China to Los Angeles, air freight shipping time is about 11 days.
From Beijing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Xiamen, Guangzhou, and Ningbo, air freight shipping time is about 10 days.
2. How long is air freight from China to Los Angeles?
On average, it takes 4 to 11 days to ship goods from China to Los Angeles.
Air Freight shipping time from Guangdong, China to Los Angeles is about 11 days.
Air Freight shipping time from Shenzhen, China to Los Angeles is at least 4 to 7 days.
From Shanghai, China, China to Los Angeles, air freight shipping time is about 10 days.
3. How long is air freight from China to California?
California is located on the West Coast of the USA. Los Angeles is located in California. So, the transit time from China to California is 4 to 11 days.
4. How long is air freight from China to Florida?
Air Freight shipping time from China to Florida ranges from 4 to 12 days.
To ship goods from Xingang or Shenzhen, China to Florida will take 12 days.
From Shanghai, Qingdao, Guangzhou, and Xiamen, it takes about 10 days.
5. How long is air freight from China to Miami?
Miami is located in Florida. So, shipping time from China to Miami basically ranges from 4 to 12 days.
Well, it is clear that air freight shipping time from China to the US depends on several factors, but more importantly, the more the shipping cost, the faster the delivery. Choosing the right service, having the required documents in time, and making the right timing are key to a fast shipping process.
There is no specific cost that shows the shipping prices from China to the USA. The prices vary depending on the type of goods you are shipping, the weight and size of cargo, fuel prices, incoterms, economic conditions, season, and the shipping distance.
Air Freight shipping costs from China to the US are currently $4 to $8 per kilogram. For air express, it costs $5 to $9 per kilogram.
The cost of shipping a 20ft container from China to the US is $8500 to the West Coast and $10500 to the East Coast. For a 40ft container, it costs $15000 to the West Coast and $18000 to the East Coast.
Sea freight has the lowest shipping rates from China to the US, compared to other shipping methods. Air express is the most expensive shipping method.
Shipping goods from China can take a long time when you ship goods during the holiday season in China. Also, not having the required document will make the transit time longer.
USPS shipping time from China depends on the service you choose. With Global Express Guaranteed, goods will be delivered in 1 to 3 business days. With Priority Mail Express International, goods will be delivered in 3 to 5 business days. Another service is Priority Mail International, where goods will be delivered in 6 to 10 business days.